Seven Years Since Book Seven

Today marks seven years since the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I remember sitting and reading, silently crying as I mourned the loss of my favorite characters, as well as the closing of the most magical story I had ever read. But even though the books are over, the gifts that Jo Rowling gave to me are still coming. Harry Potter changed my life. I have friends that I call my family.

I have The Group That Shall Not Be Named to fill my calendar with the most awesome events every month, I have Kelly Zepha Owen and her wonderful family who are so dear to me, it's as if we were blood, I have Adam Rothstein, my partner in all things... and while we didn't meet at a convention, pretty much the only reason we made it past round one of Jewish Speed Dating is because he mentioned the two words that touched my heart (Harry Potter), and I have everyone else in this wonderful fandom family. I am so grateful for all of you. You are all a gift to me every day.

And let's face it. It's been seven years since the end of an era... but the wonderful thing about books is that you can start all over again.