"In the time of your life, live—so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.” - William Saroyan
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. After watching the news last night for several hours, I still cannot believe what happened. I hope you and your loved ones are safe. If you are blessed as I am, to have many people in your life whom you love and who love you, please take this moment to tell them how much they mean to you. What happened in Boston could happen anywhere, and at anytime. But instead of living your life in fear, live as The Doctor would live: with love, enthusiasm, and wonder. He would also make sure to share it with others.
Friday, March 15, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
- Wizard Rock (specifically MPatL)
- New Orleans (my happy place)
- Organizing (and shameless self promotion)
- My parents (thanks for me, guys!)
- Books (every single one of them. EVER.)
- London (my other happy place)
- This guy (he's a Slytherin.)
- Also this guy (he's totally a Hufflepuff)
- The Group That Shall Not Be Named (Quidditch!)
- Bacon (also all other pork incarnations (traif))
- The Hunger Games Fireside Chat (Monday evenings made fun!)
- Poetry (a poem a day keeps the insanity away!)
- Doctor Who (1-11)
- The New York Public Library (see Books)
Friday, January 11, 2013
For this month's blog entry, I've decided to share some of the more amusing pieces (with one a bit more heartfelt) from the first six months of my Poem a Day Project for your reading pleasure. Please let me know which ones you like/grok/hate in the comments. And, yes, they are all quite a bit nerdy.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Happy Birthday to me!!
My blog will now be named:
Nerdy, Wordy, and Over Thirty!
In case you think this conclusion too simple, please make note of the following thoughts that influenced my decision:
- I will never have to change the name of my blog again.
- My URLs and hashtag can all remain the same.
- It has the same catchy assonance as its predecessor.
- And, it has the same dulcet meter: a glorious blend of trochaic and amphibrachic tetrameter.
(That last one was the deciding factor.)
Friday, December 21, 2012
gem), and a lot of yarn, and decided to get on with my life. I was strong and prepared and determined to make the best of 2012. Unfortunately for me, life got a little messy along the way.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Now, I understand that a lot of people are upset with some or most of the results. But what we have to remember as a country is that we voted. The majority of us voted these men and women into political office, and now we have to make the best of it. Even if you don't agree with everything a particular politician says, please realize that it's much better to take baby steps forward than giant leaps back.
For a full summary of election results, go here.